25.6.11

Nostalgia.


السلام عليكم
I am having a very bad, throbbing migraine right now (gyaaaah) but I'm forcing myself to use the computer as I have to finish up my Econs homework :(
Anyway, today I intend to blog about my life in JC and being a JC student compard to my life in secondary school because I just happened to re-read my messages in my handphone & then I came across Isabella's message. I must admit, I really miss my secondary school- the people, the teachers, the atmosphere, my classmates. .If I could, I would choose to go back to Fuchun Secondary School instead of being in this stifling, confined, competitive environment that can kill you any second. The word 'College' is abit deceiving here. Most people would normally associate 'junior college' with intelligent, bright, mature young intellects but what I feel is that almost half of them (maybe it only applies to my JC, i don't know :/)  don't even deserve to be in this place. Yes, sure they are pretty brilliant but only in terms of their IQ and not their EQ. These people are quite shallow & rigid thinking as their whole brain matter revolves around the increasing paper chase and amassing accolades which is kind of upsetting.

Education suppose to broaden your outlook on life, empowers your thinking and stretches your capability but in this case, it stifles, confines your thinking and forces you to study from the notes and in the classroom. It also deceives you into thinking that success is only defined as getting spectacular results for your examinations. As a result, students are turning into heartless creatures- beasts who are abandoning their moral values and basic manners such as helping one another. In JC, some students are willing to 'kill' their own friends as long as they manage to achieve their success no matter what it takes. It is scary and is indeed an unhealthy environment to work in. Everyday, you would feel depressed, paranoid and jaded. My life has no difference to a robot- very mechanic, systematic, structured. You wake up, go to school & come back late at night (around 9pm?), study & revise, sleep and the whole vicious cycle repeats itself the next day and the following days and months and year. Sigh. Is this what the education system in Singapore hopes to achieve? Are they trying to mould, create us into robots to contribute to Singapore's productivity? What about happiness, love and friendship?

Maybe happiness don't even exist in this world because it only exists in Jannah.